Thursday 27 April 2017

24 APR 1980 TAPUR CHATTERJEE

Tapur Chatterjee

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Tapur Chatterjee
Tapur chatterji.jpg
Tapur chatterji at the 1st Bharat and Dorris makeup and hair style Awards 2009.
BornApril 24, 1978 (age 39)
KolkataWest BengalIndia
Modeling information
Height5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)
Tapur Chatterjee (born 24 April 1978) is an Indian model.
Tapur along with twin sister Tupur are the granddaughters of Veteran filmmaker Hrishikesh Mukherjee.[1]
Tapur Chatterjee has appeared in advertisements for Titan Raga watches, Lakme, and Park Avenue, amongst others, with a cover for Femina and numerous fashion features in magazines including Elle and Cosmopolitan.[2]

TV shows[edit]


‘I’m a typical Bengali’
Though she is “quite private” when it comes to her personal life, model Tapur Chatterjee is willing to let the world know that she is “happily married” to her “best friend” of 10 years, Nikhil Nichani. t2 caught up with filmmaker Hrishikesh Mukherjee’s granddaughter for a chat...
When did you get married? What has changed after marriage?
I got married last year. Well, you have to get a little more responsible…
You were absent from the ramp for quite some time in between...
I wasn’t working because of my health. I had broken my tailbone after I fell from a horse. I could not wear heels and I was not being able to do shows for a good year-and-a-half. But it was a good break, technically a forced break, because I have been modelling for almost 10 years! I am much better now, but I still don’t take up as much work as I used to earlier. Tailbone injuries never heal. I have to be careful. I cannot go for long drives. Long flights also trouble me a bit.
So, what kind of a fitness routine are you following?
I was out of action at the gym for three months and then my doctor asked me not to do anything for another six to eight months. But I like working out. I like doing only weights. I don’t do cardio. I’d rather be an American kind of a model than a Paris one! So, I got back to working out and felt much better. But just some months back, I got a severe attack again. Hence I went through some treatment... acupuncture.
What’s happening on the film front?
I was supposed to do a film with J.P. Dutta but it got shelved. Amaan and Ayaan Ali Khan were supposed to be the lead actors. It was a period film set in the 1920s and Sabya (Sabyasachi Mukherjee) had done the clothes. I really feel bad about it. In fact, I broke my tailbone while learning to ride for this film.
I was never really interested in doing films. I had turned him (Dutta) down twice and then his assistant called me again for this project. So I decided to give it a shot. I have always had the baggage of my grandfather (Hrishikesh Mukherjee)... his quality of work... I don’t want to pull it down by taking a wrong step.
What was Hrishikesh Mukherjee like as a grandfather?
He was a fun grandfather. We would call him Buju Buju. You could talk to him about anything. I remember my cousin once came in wearing a short skirt. She asked him, “Buju Buju, how do I look?” He said with a straight face, “If I was Govinda and you were Karisma Kapoor, I would have probably lifted your skirt”! I miss him! He was a very liberal man.
Why aren’t you interested in films?
I think people want to get into films because of the glamour, money and attention. But being a supermodel, you live the glamorous life every day! At the end of the day, you just want to kick your shoes and say “That’s enough”. More so for me, because I am not a very ambitious person. (Laughs.) I am a typical Bengali that way. Completely laid-back!
What’s your style?
Casual... jeans and tees. I have about 10 pairs of jeans — Victoria Beckham, Levi’s, Miss Sixty. Probably for a formal occasion, I’ll wear a kurta. My hair is done up in a bun or plaits most of the time. Sabyasachi Mukherjee and Ritu Kumar are my favourite designers. Tod’s is my favourite brand for bags… it’s simple and classic.
You were back in town last year to walk the ramp, after a long time, for Sabyasachi…
I enjoyed it. I like coming back to Calcutta. I had left this city long back but taan ekta thekei jaay (I still feel the pull). Sabyasachi is a friend, but we rarely meet now. He is too busy a man, surrounded by his stars and work! I keep telling him that you are not a friend anymore, just an acquaintance. I adore him and his work. His work is cool, classic and feminine.
What do you miss most about Calcutta?
I definitely miss the street food. So every time I come here, I try and grab a phuchka from somewhere! (Laughs.)
Top
Email This Page Print This Page

About 3,090 results (0.40 seconds) 
Stay up to date on results for tapur chatterjee.
Create alert
About 50,400 results (0.88 seconds) 
Tapur Chatterjee
Model
Tapur Chatterjee is an Indian model. Tapur along with twin sister Tupur are the granddaughters of Veteran filmmaker Hrishikesh Mukherjee.Wikipedia
Born24 April 1980 (age 37 years), Kolkata
Height1.73 m
Pune, Maharashtra - From your Internet address - Use precise location
 - Learn more   











No comments:

Post a Comment